Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Creative Minds of Wonder


We have a center that is partnered with The Ohio State University.  They are very Reggio inspired and I love visiting this center.  I was there two weeks ago and took some pictures.  I wanted to share.

This is probably my favorite one.  The use of extra materials and collections is incredible.  I love how they put it together. 

This classroom took a walk around the neighborhood and decided to recreate it.  They used their camera to take pictures of the houses and buildings and then made the entire blocks surrounding their center.  Some are photos on cereal boxes, some are boxes made to look like houses.  I feel this helps really create a sence of community between the center and those who live in the neighborhood. 


I have a passion for process vs product.  I am trying to get many of my "well seasoned" teachers on board with more process than product.  It is a difficult task but I am succeeding.  I chose this picture becasue I believe it is a perfect example of process art.  I love the bright colors on the black background.


A great example of chidlrens work being used to help create a print rich environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment